Right of withdrawal for consumers.
(Consumer is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for purposes which cannot be attributed primarily to his commercial or self-employed professional activity.)
Right of withdrawal – You have the right to withdraw from this contract within fourteen days without giving reasons. The withdrawal period is fourteen days from the day on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, has taken possession of the goods, provided that you have ordered one or more goods within the framework of a single order and that it is delivered or will be delivered uniformly;
- on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, has taken possession of the last goods, provided that you have ordered several goods as part of a single order and that they are delivered separately;
- on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, has taken possession of the last partial shipment or the last piece, provided that you have ordered a product delivered in several partial consignments or pieces;
In order to exercise your right of withdrawal, you must contact us:
Battery Group Limited
Unit 10 Capitol Court
Dodworth, Barnsley, S75 3UB
Tel: +01226 885050
Or use our contact form.
By means of a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail) about your decision to withdraw from this contract. You can use the attached model withdrawal form, but this is not mandatory. In order to comply with the withdrawal period, it is sufficient that you send the notification of the exercise of the right of withdrawal before the expiry of the withdrawal period.
Unwanted & Incorrectly Ordered Goods
If you receive your order and decide you do not want to keep it, you can return it to us for a refund, providing the following conditions are met:
- You have 14 days from receiving your order, to inform us that you wish to return it to us.
- After notifying us, you then have a further 14 days in which to return it to us.
- All returned items must be in a fully sellable condition in order to receive a full refund. In the case of batteries, this means, unopened, in the original packaging, with no damage or signs of usage to the batteries or packaging.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that we receive the items. We recommend using a tracked service as proof of postage is not acceptable.
- Battery Group does not offer free returns for unwanted and incorrectly ordered items. This is because of the large cost incurred for us to ship the item to you and the restrictions and regulations we adhere to in shipping our products through our courier network. It is your responsibility to pay for the cost of returning the unwanted items to us. We can offer collections, but this will be charged to the customer before arranged or taken from the refund once received.
- It is your responsibility to check the battery is correct for your vehicle. Although our representatives can advise and give recommendations for the battery needed according to the details you provide us, we cannot 100% guarantee that this will fit your vehicle and it will be your responsibility to check this against the current battery. If the newly purchased battery does not fit, Battery Group will not be held responsible and the return of the battery will be at the customer’s expense.
Upon receipt of your returned order, it will be checked to ensure it is sellable condition and that no damaged has occurred in shipping, as we are not liable for any damages whilst batteries are being returned to us.
We will refund your order within 14 working days of receipt; however we usually refund within 1 - 2 working days. This process can be optimised by the customer including the packing slip or invoice within the box (or return ID provided by the sales channel) It can take a few days after issuing a refund for it to appear on your card statement. PayPal refunds will appear immediately.
Received Damaged Items
If you have received a faulty or damaged item; or an item which is not as described, you may return it to us, at our own expense, for a full refund.
There are still some conditions which need to be met:
- You have 24 hours to provide images and details of the damages incurred to the item you have received. We offer a no quibble return at our expense when evidence is provided within 24 hours.
- We require you to take a photo of the faulty or damaged item so that we can more swiftly diagnose the problem, find out what happened and claim with our couriers or liaise with our warehouse staff.
- After notifying us, we will then send you instructions on how to return your item (or dispose of it if the damage is too severe) this may include a returns label, or sending a courier to collect the item, at a convenient time. It is important you are available when the courier calls, or if we provided you with a label, you need to return the items promptly. If you are not present when the collection has been arranged causing the collection to be unsuccessful, the rearranging of the collection will incur a charge to the customer.
The maximum we allow for this return is 14 days.
Please note that if we do not receive the return of your faulty, damaged or not as described item, we will not be able to refund you. Even though it is unusable, we still need it back.
- If you inform us of the damage after 24 hours of delivery, we will not be able to further any action unless the customer can prove that the item was received from the courier damaged. Note: by accepting the delivery the customer states that they have received the parcel in good condition.
Upon receipt of your damaged order, we will refund you in full.
We will refund your order within 14 working days of receipt; however, we usually refund within 1 - 2 working days. It can take a few days after issuing a refund for it to appear on your card statement. PayPal refunds will appear immediately.
Sample withdrawal form If you want to withdraw from the contract, please fill out this form.
Send the completed form back to firstname.lastname@example.org.